The Artcurial Auction House at the Hôtel Hermitage, Monaco, is exhibiting the jewels featured in its catalogue for the next sale. The reception is particularly pleasant, with tables set up to observe the jewels under white light. Also, a team of professionals will be on hand to help you get to grips with the most beautiful pieces.
Among the 400 lots, I found 3 natural diamonds of more or less intense yellow color, and mounted in a ring. Moreover, the different sizes bring a touch of modernity: pear shape or rectangle (more classic) and my favorite, heart shape.
Finally, all are accompanied by certificates guaranteeing the natural colour, the estimates are
- lot 616: a ring set with a yellow diamond, pear cut, weight 15.04 carats, estimated between 160 000 and 180 000 €.
- lot 532: a ring set with a yellow diamond, emerald cut, weight 5.36 carats, estimated between 20 000 and 30 000 €.
- 💛lot 536 a ring set with a yellow diamond, heart cut, weight 8.03 carats. An estimate is between 65 000 and 75 000 € (slight inclusions in the shape of very fine channels). The balance of the modified cut on the breech, gives a perfect rendering to my eyes. The result is a very refined and elegant jewel (just like me!).
It also seems important to follow the regular rise in prices of jewellery by artists of the Nice school:
- Arman (1928-2005): Pendant inclusion "colère de montre", lot 438, estimate between 15 000 and 20 000 €.
- Caesar (1921-1998): Compression" pendant lot 436, estimate between 12 000 and 15 000 €.
So make an appointment this Wednesday 15/01/2020 from 2pm to follow the auctions!